Kathleen Nadeau is co-editor and co-publisher of ADDvance, A Magazine for Women with Attention Deficit Disorder, and co-publisher of Advantage Books, a specialty press that publishes books related to Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. She serves on the professional advisory boards of both CHADD and ADDA, the two largest advocacy organizations focused on the needs of children and adults with AD/HD.
Dr. Nadeau is one of the first professionals to focus on adult AD/HD issues, as well as one of the first professionals to focus on the unique concerns of women and girls with AD/HD.
She is the director of the Chesapeake ADHD Center of Maryland, in Silver Spring, Maryland, a clinic staffed by mental health professionals who provide psycho-diagnostic testing to evaluate AD/HD, learning disabilities, and related disorders. She and her staff also provide individual, couples, group, family. Adolescent and child therapy focused on AD/HD and related issues. The Chesapeake ADHD Center also has a trained ADD coach and a professional organizer, who work as integral members of our staff, coordinating their efforts with those of other staff members to help maximize the functioning of individuals with AD/HD.
Kathleen Nadeau’s special interests include:
- working with young adults with AD/HD to improve their functioning in college, graduate, and professional studies,
- working with adults around career issues related to AD/HD,
- helping adults with AD/HD learn coping strategies to take charge of their AD/HD,
- working with couples around AD/HD issues that impact their relationship,
- and helping women and girls with AD/HD.
Kathleen Nadeau has edited and written a broad range of books on AD/HD that can be purchased through the bookstore on this site, where you can also order a copy of our Advantage Books catalog.